Once upon a time, omelettes were a humble affair, eggs, seasoning and perhaps a herb or two. Then came the Masala Omelette with it’s show off chillies, health busting turmeric and iron rich mustard seeds…this is a pimped up way to give your tastebuds the omelette they always deserved.
Serves up to 4
- 8 eggs
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli de-seeded, finely chopped
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- Flaked sea salt & pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
How To Make A Masala Omelette
- Whisk all the ingredients (apart from the veg oil) together.
- Pour ½ tbs of the vegetable oil into a medium sized non-stick skillet and heat over a medium temperature. When it’s hot, pour in a quarter of the egg mix and swirl around the pan until the surface is coated with the omelette and allow to cook for around 1 minute. The egg should be a little soft on top, flip it over and cook for another minute or until cooked through and shuffle it out.
- Shuffle out the omelette and serve with blob of chilli tomato jam and a side of seasoned wilted spinach.