Think of the Himalayas and your mind conjures up sturdy endeavour and tough living in an unforgiving environment. This lifestyle requires healthy energy giving food, step aside for the Himalayan Tsampa porridge, it’ll bring out your Sherpa spirit in no time.
- 6 tbs of Tsampa/roasted barley flour
- 1 tsp butter
- 150 whole milk or almond milk
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp crumbled jaggery
- 2 tbs toasted almond flakes
- Fresh or dried blueberries, banana slices.
- Dusting of ground cinnamon
How To Make Himalayan Tsampa Porridge
- Pour the milk, butter and cardamom into a pan and bring to a gentle boil, then turn down to low.
- Whisk the Tsampa into the milk until it delivers creamy texture, approx. 4 minutes.
- Ladle out a portion and sprinkle some crumbled jaggery over the top, dust with cinnamon, toasted almonds and fruit.