Ginger Mooli Salad
Asian Mooli Salad
Ginger Mooli Salad is virtuous sensory journey, crunchy, textured, fresh, citrusy, savoury with a honeyed finish. It’s how life should taste and it’s the perfect partner to Indo Chinese dishes.
Serves: 4-6 portions as a side
- Large white mooli, julienne
- 1 large carrot, julienne
- 1 thumb sized piece peeled ginger, julienne
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 10 radishes, sliced thinly
- A handful of fresh coriander, leaves and stalks finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 1 tsp clear honey
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
How To Make Ginger Mooli Salad
- Peel the mooli, carrot and ginger and julienne into matchsticks, finely chop the red pepper and thinly slice the radishes.
- Using a bowl pop in the coriander and mint and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Zest and juice the lime, and combine the honey, fish sauce and cumin and sesame seeds together, until the dressing has amalgamated.
- Just before serving the salad mix through the dressing with the salad ingredients.