Indo Chinese Paneer
Indo Chinese dishes…what a heavenly combination, taking two of the globe’s most popular cuisines and slamming them together to create ethnic con-fusion! The blending of these food cultures has been opening across the Indian sub-continent for some time now as Chinese communities have grown and flourished. The natural propensity for both cuisines to use spices, chillies, garlic and punchy flavours have produced glorious off-spring and this Chilli Paneer recipe is no exception, it carries all the fight of an Asian tiger!
- 500gm paneer, cubed
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Green chillies (3 – 4 finger green chillies), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 small green pepper, 1 small red pepper coarsely chopped
- 2 large red onions, coarsely chopped
How To Make Chilli Paneer
- Mix the Paneer cubes with corn flour, salt and pepper, fry it in a pan until the cubes brown. In a separate frying pan, fry the onions until brown, then add the chillies and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pop in the peppers and fry until they’ve softened a little not too much as we still want the crunch.
- Add the paneer.
- Now pour in the tomato/chilli/soya sauce.
- Season and stir fry for 3-4 mins.